MOSELEY SOCIETY POLICY TO GUIDE RESPONSES
TO PLANNING AND LICENSING APPLICATIONS – 2010.
The Society aims to encourage the enhancement of the environment of Moseley, both built and grown, by the following means:
- by supporting developments which seem likely to improve the vitality of the shopping centre.
- by the implementation of the Moseley Shop Front Design Guide.
- by welcoming the provision of off-street car parking.
- by discouraging hte change of use of shops to A2, A3, A4 or A5 uses in the core shopping area.
- by opposing any further planning or licensing applications for off-licence or take-away food outlets.
- by opposing applications for late-night opening of pubs and take-aways.
- by opposing any further conversion of commercial property to residential use.
- to consider disabled access and facilities in all planning applications.
- to pay special attention to planning issues within the Moseley and St. Agnes Conservation Areas.
- to encourage the use of Planning Enforcement powers to secure compliance with policies and alteration to works / uses where appropriate.
MEMBERS ARE ADVISED:
- that Members and Residents’ Associations need to contact the Secretary or another Committee member if they want their views to be taken into account in the Society’s response to a specific application - the Committee cannot undertake to contact you;
- that we are only informed of “significant applications” by Planning. Examples of applications which the Department usually regards as only significant to immediate neighbours, but not to the Society, are front porches and rear extensions. If you are concerned about such an application you need to tell us about it;
- Planning may not notify you of an application concerning a property at the back of your house. If you have a particular concern about a property which you think may be the subject of planning applications, you should write to Planning, P.O.Box 28, Alpha Tower,Suffolk Street, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TU, asking to be informed of any future applications;
- if you think that work is being done to a property without planning permission you should contact Planning on 303 1115 or a member of the Moseley Society Committee.